Although this blog is out of context but I really want to write something about this. As this is really a hot issue in Pakistan. Opposition supports them the government doesn't, it's a mess. everywhere you look you will hear people talking about lawyers, the deposed Chief Justice, the Punjab government,and the Federal government; Which are not in agreement with each other on the issue.now there is going to be another Long March in March if I'm not wrong. I know it makes your head go round and round and round. Lawyers arguing accusing the other party of doing wrong. Sometimes you just don't know who to believe. I am always been a fan of Gen Musharraf. But this is I think one of the mistakes he made during his time in power. This has been left hanging and God knows how long will this linger on.
I have recently had to go to Court, and I couldn't imagine that the amount of people waiting for their lawyers to turn up. Eventually most of the cases over and adjourned because the lawyers were not available as they were busy in the strike somewhere on the other end of the city. The current recession and the situation back in the face in our beloved country I really do not think that we can afford such issues. They need to be sorted out as soon as possible. Another thing that drives me to words itself is the current decision by the Supreme Court which came out in favor of Miss Farah Dogar. I haven't had a chance to read it myself but I have heard from reliable sources that it includes things which has basically given special power to the vice chancellor for awarding any number of marks he/she pleases to a specific student ignoring a lot of other services have worked really hard but are denied because the vice chancellor can do what he wants to do. It is a heart stopper for some. I really don't want to write more about this.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment